Beginning Mar. 1, the mail clerk on the B. & S. R. R. closed his work on this line, as this branch of the mail service has been discontinued. This is much regretted by the people of this section. Mr. L. M. Brown, has been very efficient and popular and all regret his leaving. He will be on the Portland-Bartlett run. This service was started in 1898, when the Harrison extension was opened for traffic.
(This article was originally published by The Bridgton NEWS on March 2, 1917.)